Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympics

It's funny, almost as soon as I posted those terribly boring three paragraphs, I remembered that I was planning on doing an Olympics post. I have been staying up until 11:00 or 12:00 every night to watch the games. I have really enjoyed them. My favorite event was definently the 4x100 mens freestyle final. However, the men's and women's all-around individual competitions were really good. If you didn't see the mens 4x100 freestyle, you really missed a good race.

The commercials have been good this year. In my humble opinion, as a whole, they are better then superbowl commercials. The best individual commercials come from the superbowl, but all around, there are more good commercials in the Olympics. My favorite commercial, though not strictly Olympic:




And another good one:




There are so many great athletes who are in the Olympics this year, but there were also lots of people who didn't make the team. Here are the honorable mentions:




~Ellentia

2 comments:

Petr said...

Ouch. To that failures on the last video. That's gotta hurt.

I dunno, the Olympics just aren't the same this year. Maybe it's that I'm not staying up late to watch them, maybe it's that China is seriously messed up (and cheating too!!!).

Petr said...

Don't mind that. I'm up on a soapbox. :)