Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Math and Thanksgiving

That Cleptomaniac video is going to be removed. It comes on automatically and it is really starting to annoy me.

Anywho, I have found it increasingly difficult to come up things to post and when I do, I often forget to post them. I think this probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't spent as much time on blogs. I found something to post though. I love creative math, and this is just the sort of thing I would do if I didn't know better!





I wish math were really that simple. When you throw in significant figures and pi and fractions and x's I get frustrated.

So, last night at sectionals for choir (where just the girls practice) our choir director decided that we had done so well we deserved another song to learn. Great. Now we get to sing a song with the elementary choir. We also get to sing a song with middle school and elementary called Paint Christmas December, Paint December Christmas, Paint the town December.... Something of that sort. We will get to stand on stage and pretend that we are painting a wall while we're singing a cheesy song. Marvelous. I wish we didn't sound so good, maybe she wouldn't have us sing those songs.

This year our small group decided to have a Thanksgiving dinner together so tonight we will eat while we talk. It isn't going to be classic Thanksgiving food, but it will be lots of fun. Including our family Thanksgiving dinner I will have been to 4 such meals. One with our whole youth group, one with our choir and one at small group. Dad said that if the average person gains 4 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I will have gained 16 pounds. I love you too Dad.

~Ellentia

2 comments:

broken heart said...

Man thats something that will give you a headache any day.
No we just caught so many because of the pond we fished at( all it had in it was bass!!!!
I am going to try and write to you soon;)
gab

Rose Marchen said...

Ha ha, I love that clip!