Monday, November 10, 2008

Well, it has been a miserable week for me. I was sick with a cold last Sunday-Wednesday and then got something with similar symptoms to the Flu early Saturday morning. I had left for a youth retreat Friday night and felt just fine but Saturday I woke up with an awful cramp, mainly in my shoulder. I ended up leaving early and the rest of the day and through late Sunday night I was really sick with a pretty high fever. However, I woke up feeling a lot better this morning.

Tomorrow we have a big choir concert with several other public school choirs. Supposedly there will be around 400 to 450 people singing! It should be fun just because of sheer numbers. But I also like most of the songs. There is one that uses the words from one of JFK's speeches that I don't like, simply because I don't like the words. Also because there is a part where the choir sings "Let the Word go forth" 18 times in a row, it gets really creepy sounding after about the 5th time. I am singing in a group of girls who have a part that we will sing over the choir on this part, but I still think it is creepy.

Last night it rained for the first time in a long time. I love the sound of rain. Last week I was supposed to turn in some mapwork for my history class but it fell out of my notebook before I put it in my bag and so mom had to ask that it not be counted as late work. I would have turned it in myself today but my teacher has sensitivity to illnesses so I had to send it with dad. Next week is the last day that my teacher will be there, she is going to be out the last few weeks so I need to be well next Monday for her last instructions.

~Ellentia

2 comments:

Leighanne said...

Haha, it SO sounds creepy after like the fifth time. Eek.

~JCP

Petr said...

GAH! 18 TIMES THAT'S RIDICULOUS! I mean, it's bad enough when you hear something repeated any more than 4 times, but 18!? I wonder whose brilliant idea that was. O_o

Hope you get better soon!