Wednesday, August 31, 2011

College Life...So Far

Well, since I last posted I've gained a week or so of 'real' college experience going to class and being totally in charge of whatever happens to me. So far it's gone rather well, I've made it to class on time every day and even felt prepared every day! I like all my classes except College Algebra, which is unfortunate because it will take the most time to get right. But I think my Physical Geography class will be interesting enough to make up for it :)

My Drawing I class is interesting, and challenging, because I don't have a very steady hand and I'm not good at copying what I see, which is basically what we're covering. I don't feel intimidated by the other students though, because I'm in a class with mostly graphic design majors, not the people who will go on to major in drawing or painting, so they're not the best at drawing either, which is encouraging!

One really neat aspect of this week was that Wednesday and Friday Dr. Z. Randall Stroope directed the choir I'm in (he's not our usual director), and he's one of the best known choral directors/composers currently, and it was very neat because he is so good! We're learning Carmina Burana to perform in the spring, I'm excited for that!

The weirdest thing so far is that I have a lot of extra time so far. I know it will pick up as the semester continues, but so far I have a lot of extra time. I need a job! I don't have one for the first time in over 2 years, and I'm not sure how to handle all this extra free time! I guess I could spend it writing extra credit papers for Freshman Orientation, but I really don't want to, and I doubt I'll need the extra credit. Oh well, I'll figure something out! Maybe I'll make jewelry or paint or draw something cool. I'll post pictures of it if it's not too bad :)

1 comment:

Petr said...

Free time? Learn to enjoy it, it's not a common thing!