Sunday, April 13, 2008

Griffons, sunburns and hats

I am getting very excited about our choir tour. We will be So, I looked up Busch Gardens (I will be going there on a choir tour in a few weeks) and I looked up the rides and I am very excited about the Griffon. I hope someone will ride it with me, Jc has already said she wouldn't.

Saturday Dad, Nat and I went to a workday with some people from our church and we fixed up an elderly lady's house. We painted her living room, put new doors on the house and fixed up her yard. I helped paint the living room. I felt kinda sick (allergy type stuff) and so around 2:00 I laid down on one of the sofas that we moved outside and went to sleep. I woke up to the wonderful surprise of a sunburn on my face. Brilliance, I know, to lay outside without sunscreen on.

For our choir concert our ladies ensemble is singing a medley of Oh Susannah, Home on the Range, Dixieland, Shenandoah and I've been working on the railroad (have I mentioned this before?) and so we have to dress up as either southern belles, cowgirls or engeniers. I am going to be a southern belle and I have to wear a hat. Bother. I don't like hats, not one little bit. At least it is only for one song.

Well, so long!

~Ellentia

3 comments:

Leighanne said...

I'm going to make up my own song, and it's going to last two months long.

~JCP

Petr said...

So you're the bold one in the family.

Two months long?

Leighanne said...

You said you would wear the hat for one song. Since I will be required to wear a hat for skin protection reasons for 2 months long, it seemed like a nice thought to think up one's own song for the period where one must where a hat. For my song to last sufficiently it will have to have a lot of verses and bridges and counterbridges. :-)

~JCP