Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder!

Choir concert is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night was our choir concert and I am so glad it is over. At Christmas our concert was about 2 hours long (which is kinda long for a concert) but last night the first half alone was 2 hours! The concert started at 7 and didn't get over until 10:20! I was about to collapse on stage because I was so hot and tired. I was standing directly over a spotlight that was in the floor that was supposed to illuminate the American Flags on the wall and by the end of the second half my shoe had heated up so hot that my foot felt like it was about to catch on fire!

During our first ensemble song (the one with the costumes), when I pulled my microphone out, the cord got stuck in the stand and when I backed up it was suspended in the air and the whole audience laughed! It was quite embarrassing. However, the song went fine. Our second ensemble song went really well! Dad said that it was one of the best songs sung by an ensemble!!! I was really worried that it would sound right because we never got to practice it with microphones, but it turned out great!

After the reception we went to IHOP with several friends and ate and talked 'till after one. We learned some of the art of sneaking tobasco sauce into your friends food and heard stories of how this skill was used. We also witnessed the drinking of a container of syrup (not a whole one, only about a quarter) for the prize of $10. We took lots of pictures and had a great time and then came home and crashed. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night and when I woke up I discovered that it is not very conducive to one's health to eat pancakes and sausage at one in the morning.


Various friends




Learning about the art of tobasco sauce




Eating syrup



Tomorrow we leave for D.C. and we will arrive Friday night at our hotel. If possible, I will post from the hotel but if not, it will be about two weeks before I return, farewell!

~Ellentia

1 comment:

Petr said...

Oh, pancakes and sausage aren't so bad. I've done almost exactly that, maybe... 6 or 7 times now.

DC? As in, Washington?? Have fun then!