Sunday, July 08, 2012

Summer Fun, and other Nonsense


My Xyloband
Sitting here on a nice rainy day keeping my promise to post about what I've done for fun this summer :) Possibly the most exciting thing was going to see Coldplay (one of my favorite bands) live a few weeks ago! I wasn't planning on going, but the day before things worked out and I got to go with my Dad and brother, plus a bunch of my brother's friends. It was a fabulous concert! They did everything expected of them, such as play everyone's favorite songs, but the coolest thing they did was pass out wristbands called Xylobands to everyone that lit up in time to some of their songs. It was an incredible effect, because every person from the floor to the roof (I was part of the roof crowd) had one, so the whole room was sparkling! On the whole it was a ton of fun :)
Yellow

I've also had some amazing time with friends this summer. Since my parents own a bed and breakfast, we can put up a lot of extra people, so I had four friends come stay a weekend with us, which was amazing fun :) I'm so looking forward to being back at school with them for another year!

All the Xylobands lit up!


I also got the chance to go on the annual camping trip with my brother and our two friends. This year we went to Lake Hugo to camp, play cards, swim, etc. Basically everything went smoothly, except that it took us about an hour and a half to find the actual campsite (I will accept the blame for getting faulty directions) and one of our loaves of stromboli (pizza stuffed bread) got soaked by a bag of ice (again, I will accept the blame for accidentally leaving the bag of ice on top of the bread). But no one got hurt or sunburnt, we had a nice, private spot to pitch the tent, and it wasn't so miserably hot this time!

The last thing we've got planned this summer is a vacation to visit family in Florida, and I am super pumped to spend time on the beach! Sadly, my sister is lame and went to Germany for the summer, so for the first time in my life I'll have to brave the beach without her. Gah. I'll probably bring a bunch of art stuff to work on, since it'll be my last chance before school to do anything like that. So, here's prepping for a week of sand[rashes] and sun[burns]!

No comments: